John Frusciante Profile

I would easily say that John Frusciante is my favorite guitarist of all time. He is best known for his role as lead guitarist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, he made the BSSM, Californication, By the Way and Stadium Arcadium albums with the band, as well as his solo albums. The only reason I own a guitar today is because I wanted to try and play his songs and riffs that he created. His guitar playing is very inspirational and nostalgic to me. The way I would describe his guitar style is that he plays for the song, he doesn’t try to be extra flashy but instead tries to get a good rhythm and tone to go along with Anthony. He also has moments where he plays and sounds similar to Jimi Hendrix. For example, in Under the Bridge when he’s playing the verse of the song sounds very similar to Little Wing and has the same rhythmic feel to it. The thing I love most about his though is that his solos are always very memorable. What I mean by this is that after he plays the first one or two notes of the solo you know exactly what’s coming next and it just feels so great on the ears. While he may not be as “flashy” or all up in your face like other guitarists his style shows that you don’t need all this crazy technique to make nice sound. I am excited to see what else he has in store after he rejoined the band in December of last year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analyzing the Guitar Fretboard